Work In Progress

I quite pleased with my quilt made from the Martinique fabric line from Moda. I started with a couple layer cakes and a jelly roll. I choose 32 of the squares from the layer cakes (as I had two layer cakes I did pick some duplicates that were favorite patterns of mine).
I cut the jelly roll into 10" strips. I also added a
few pieces of  scraps of fabric that I had from my first quilt.

I made 32 squares that were made up of
5 strips sewn together. These squares had to trimmed
slightly to be 10" squares.


I laid all of the squares on the bed to determine
the layout of the squares.


I stacked my squares for each row and then labeled
them to ensure I wouldn't mess up my layout plan.
Each row was sewn, and then each row was sewn together.
The top of my quilt was done!

0 comments: