A Love Affair

I've fell in love when I was young. I can still remember the quilt on my bed when I was a kid. My grandmother bought it for me when we were living in Cornwallis, Nova Scotia. It was white and had dolls on it. That was when I fell in love with quilts.

I tried quilting about 20 years ago. Took a course and using my Mom's old Kenmore sewing machine I struggled through the project. The course involved machine piecing the top, then hand stitching the quilt. Never finished the quilt. The fact that I decided I should make a queen size quilt for my first project was probably part of the reason I failed.

So late last year I bought myself a nice sewing machine. And this spring I went to the quilt store close to home, Traditional Pasttimes, and asked them for a absolute beginner pattern. They helped me with my fabric choices and that's how my obsession began.

0 comments: